Feeds 2 people for 5 days
- 1 cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon allspice 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole, almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups frozen berries
- 1 apple or pear, peeled, cored, and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
What to Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8×8 inch square baking pan, and set aside. (Note: a 9×11 works fine, too!)
- In a medium bowl, stir together uncooked quinoa, cinnamon, and allspice to coat quinoa with spices. Pour quinoa over bottom of prepared pan.
- In the same bowl used for the quinoa, beat the eggs until fully mixed. Whisk in the milk and maple syrup, and beat to combine.
- Scatter the berries, apple or pear pieces, and nuts (if using) evenly on top of the quinoa.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over the top of the fruit and quinoa. Lightly stir to partially submerge the fruit. (The milk mixture will cook the quinoa to create a very soft texture on the inside, while creating a lightly crunchy crust on the outside!)
- Bake for 1 hour, or until casserole is mostly set with only a small amount of liquid left. Serve warm, and refrigerate leftovers.